Lupton Lodge is firm supporter of sustainability in tourism through business practices relating to the environment and our community.
Some of the sustainable activities undertaken by Lupton Lodge include:
- recycling glass, metal, plastic and paper products where possible
- composting food waste and feeding suitable scraps to the chickens
- using low watt CFL bulbs where fittings permit
- monitoring energy usage and identifying areas of possible reduction
- buying energy and water efficient appliances
- using heat pumps and gas for heating and hot water to reduce electricity usage
- minimising the use of packaging for soaps, cleaning products and food by buying fresh or in bulk where possible
- using biodegradable shampoos, liquid soaps and rubbish bags
- providing information on local activities, attractions and businesses for guests
- supporting our local school and other charities which help to care for our planet and global citizens
- employing local people, buying locally and using local contractors for building, repairs and maintenance
- Providing an overnight recharge service for guests with electric vehicles – $4.50 per overnight charge or free with a stay of 2 nights or more
CarboNZero Travel & Tourism Calculator
This Travel and Tourism Calculator allows travellers to calculate CO2 emissions for their New Zealand and/or overseas travel, accommodation and recreational activities. To make a calculation relating to your journey and contribute to offsetting some or all of these emissions please click here. The funds are invested in the restoration of areas of native forest in New Zealand, which contributes to removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, enhancing biodiversity, reducing erosion and protecting watersheds.